MAEER’s Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, more popularly known as MANET, was founded in 2001 in MIT Kothrud Campus for training young people to join Merchant Navy. MANET shifted to Rajbaug Campus, Loni-Kalbhor in 2004. MANET is approved by Directorate General of Shipping (DG Shipping), Ministry of Shipping Government of India.
MANET offers two streams of curriculum:
- 4 Year-B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 3 Year-B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
MANET has been awarded “A1” (Outstanding) rating by BUREAU VERITAS (BV) during the Comprehensive Inspection Programme (CIP) initiated by DG Shipping, Govt. of India. MANET has also been approved by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Government of Japan.
We have also been acknowledged by Devang Mehta Foundation with “Education Leadership Award” in 2014. MANET has also been awarded the “Best Maritime Training Institute” by ABP News Channel in 2015. During a poll carried out in 2014, by Times of India for the best Engineering Colleges in India, MANET was the only Maritime Institute that was part of the top 100 colleges in India.
MANET has a Ship-in-Campus which is a fully operational replica of a ship’s engine-room. Our Cadets are trained in it to get a feel of actual ship board engine-room operations. We have approval for two mandatory STCW courses, namely Elementary First Aid (EFA), Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR).
Why to Choose MANET?
At MANET, we believe there should always be a healthy relationship between shipping industry and maritime training institutions. An MOU was signed between MANET and MOLMI on 18th September 2006 on “Agreement for Training and Seafarers and Recruitment” at MANET, in which MOLMI has agreed to recruit 25 Cadets per batch from Engineering and Nautical stream each year. MOLMI has also installed a 360° bridge simulator at MOL Training Centre-MANET. The MANET Cadets are trained on their 360 degree bridge simulator for a practical experience of real ship board operations.
We look forward to be
- The world’s best Maritime Training Institute
- Inculcate influential qualities like, team spirit, leadership, cheerful obedience to orders of superiors which are needed for a seafarer.
- The most preferred source of marine officers who are best suited for the seafaring profession.
- A renowned Institute which encourages values and propagates the culture of peace.
- Produce Marine officers who have world-class standards of discipline, decency, diligence and calibre.