Foreign University Collaborations
MIT Institute of Design is committed to provide Education that will add an advantage to its students and will remain for their lives. Our Mission includes,
• To expose students to Multi-Cultural and Global Environment.
• To make design profession as Multi-Cultural and not specific.
• To provide an opportunity to the students to study abroad and experience the excitement of learning and living in a different environment and country.
• To improve the understanding and acceptance of International Education and collaboration.
• To provide Global opportunities for students.
• To provide an exchange of knowledge by working with other professors and multi sectorial research projects and to strengthen the networking between students and universities.
• List of Universities with whom MITID is having Collaborations.
MITID is having collaborations with Hong kong Polytechnic University (www.poly.edu.hk), Northumbria university(www.northumbira.ac.uk), Coventary University (www.conventry.ac.uk), Middlesex University (weissensee school of Art and Design(www.kh-berlin.de)), University of creative Arts (www.ucreative.ac.uk) from united kingdom, KunsthochscHule, Berlin, Stratecollge(www.stratecollege.fr), Politecnico Di Milano Milan (www.design.polimi.it), George Brown College, Canada (www.georgebrown.ca) Students can join this either by Twinning Program or Student Exchange Program : A) Twinning Program: Twinning program is basically the exchange of students for a couple of years or semesters with the collaborated institution. In this the existing curricula may be supplemented by the additional curricula of the collaborated universities.
The joint course structure can be worked out to suit and match the course structure of the corresponding semester. Students will have the opportunity either to complete their studies in India or Abroad. Twinning program for Bachelor’s Degree can be of 2+2 or 3+1 nature and for Post Graduate it can be of 1 + 1 or 1 + 1 ½ nature.